DON BOSCO LOUTOLIMDon Bosco School situated on the hilly terrain of Loutolim was founded in 1994 by the Salesians of Don Bosco. It began with very humble beginnings with the Salesians living in a practically dilapidated bungalow which served as the residence, chapel, hostel and workshop for those interested in learning a trade.
Initially the institute educated boys who did not finish their schooling studies and found no way or place to be educated.
In the year 1998, realizing the great work done for the marginalized sector of society the Belgian Government came forward to put up the state of the art building, workshops, computer lab and fully equipped audio visual hall. The greenery and scenic beauty around lends itself for serious learning.
From 1994 till the year 2008 the Don Bosco catered to the dropouts conducting technical Courses in Welding, Carpentry, Electrician, Plumbing and Auto Mechanic of one year duration each. All were given placement after the completion of trade course. A certificated was also awarded to the successful candidates.
From 2007 to 2010 one year Hospitality courses were conducted under the ITI Craftsmen Training Center, Panjim.
From 2008 to 2010 MES Hospitality Courses and MES Electricity courses were conducted for the dropouts. Certificates were issued for the successful students by CII (Confederation of Indian Industry), Mumbai.
In the year 2008, the Don Bosco Higher Secondary School, affiliated to the Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education was initiated which offers Vocational Education in Catering and Restaurant Management.
In 2011 Don Dosco Higher Secondary began with the General Stream – Commerce (Two years course – XI & XII). Permission for Arts is also already obtained but to be started later when numbers are appropriate.
THE INSTITUTE OFFERS AND CONDUCTS THE FOLLOWING COURSES:
- Higher Secondary School Education in Catering and Restaurant Management (CRM) XI & XII (Vocational Stream) and the Commerce General Stream XI & XII, recognized by Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary School Education, Goa.
- National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS – Government recognized, Delhi Board) in English Medium for Std. X & XII.
- DBTech Certificate Course in Hospitality for three months. Internship is offered in reputed 3-star & 5-star hotels
- Short-term course are conducted in Electricals (3 months course), English Language (3 months course), and Computer Course (3 months course).
- Don Bosco Oratory club.
- Don Bosco Youth Group
- Don Bosco Sports Academy
- Don Bosco Campsite for Scouts and Guides at Cottawaddo